According to a "souvenir of New York City, old and new," published c. 1918, Thurston & Bradich imported "vanilla beans from Mexico and the Indian Ocean islands, gum arable from Egypt, tonka beans from Venezuela, gum tragacanth from Persia and Turkey, and karaya gum and nut galls from East India." This was a branch location; the company's headquarters were at 27 Cliff St., in the Financial District.
The shorter building, nearer the camera, is the home of the New York City Fire Museum — that is, the museum of the FDNY.
Thurston & Braidich
Surviving sign at 286 Spring St. (Varick-Hudson Sts.)