Completed in 1907 for the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad, the Hoboken Terminal was extensively renovated for its centennial. Naturally, over more than 100 years of continuous use, the terminal has also been subject to all sorts of modifications. Today, for example, these "lunch room" doors are controlled by a keyless entry system and bear the legend "authorized personnel only."
The Hoboken Terminal has been home to many eateries over its long life, too. This was once an entrance to the Lackawanna Restaurant, which last served the public a half-century ago.
Inside the Hoboken Terminal
1 Hudson Pl., Hoboken, New Jersey