The name of this former market is flanked by two images, a "Butterball young turkey" to the right and a more cryptic logo to the left. Very likely the sign dates from 1947, when Meateria was founded; at its height, this family-run business operated from five locations in Westchester County and the Bronx. After the rationing and leaner years of the Second World War, the imagery may have heralded the return of fat years — and, in particular, an abundant supply of corn-fed meat.
Upon the retirement of owner Pat Albano, who took over the business from his father in 1960, Meateria closed in 2012.
141 North Main St. (Highland St.-Willett Ave.), Port Chester, New York