The American Stopper Co. moved to this former Chesebrough Manufacturing complex in 1903 and expanded the facility to accommodate its own growing business. The company, which made tin containers for chocolate as well as many personal-care products, was acquired by the American Can Co. in 1915; the precise date of this sign is unknown. Today the complex is occupied by apartments and small businesses.
American Can Company Stopper Factory
Surviving signage on Verona St. (Richards-Dwight Sts.), Red Hook, Brooklyn