This limestone-clad structure, trimmed in glazed polychrome terra cotta, was built in 1930 for the self-serve restaurant chain. Horn & Hardart occupied the ground floor and mezzanine but rented out the top floor, originally to a "midget golf" course, then to a billiards hall. In the 1940s, a later billiards establishment added ping-pong tables, too.
Horn & Hardart did business here until 1953. Since then the building has been home to many tenants, most recently a Rite-Aid pharmacy at street level, law offices and a Latino arts center above. Renovations in 2014 exposed the tracery of the old Horn & Hardart signage (second photo) as well as that of a long-vanished supermarket, Food-O-Rama (third photo). The new ground-floor tenant is CityMD, an urgent-care facility; no word on any upstairs neighbors.
The designation report of the Landmarks Preservation Commission offers much more about the architecture and the tenants as well as many photos.
Horn & Hardart Automat-Cafeteria Building
Surviving signage, 2710-2714 Broadway (at West 104th St.), Manhattan