Though sometimes credited as a former Peter Doelger's brewery, these vintage-1880s premises are much too small for what was, by 1895, the eleventh-largest such operation in the country. More likely this sign marked a franchise bar serving the beer in question. The stained glass has held up well over the decades; Peter Doelger's gave up the ghost in 1947.
Peter Doelger's Extra Beer
Surviving signage at Teddy's
96 Berry St. (at North 8th St.), Williamsburg, Brooklyn